Studio Tuition and Fees
Music Works Community, LLC is an association of music teachers dedicated to providing quality music instruction. The academic school year tuition is payable in equal monthly installments. This monthly tuition is the same amount each month regardless of the number of lessons, performance events or holiday break in any month.
- Each academic school year contains: 1) thirty-two lessons; 2) four in-house Musicales (mini recitals); and, 3) four weeks of break.
- A 10-week Summer Session allows for scheduling flexibility.
- The four ‘holiday’ weeks during the academic school year include a Thanksgiving Break, a Winter Break (two weeks) following the Holiday Musicales, and a Spring Break following the March Musicales.
- Musicales replace the weekly lesson.
- When there are five lessons in a month, there is no additional tuition charge. When there is a holiday break, there is no reduction in charge.
- For Tuition information, call the studio at 602.264.5188.
“Summer Session” Lessons
Music Works Community appreciates your summer enrollment.
Without your participation, an academic school year program cannot exist.
MWC offers a “Session” format for Summer Lessons with no weekly commitment.
Flexibility in scheduling accommodates summer camps and vacation plans.
- Lessons are offered during a Summer Session that is ten (10) weeks long.
- Summer study is required with a minimum participation of three or four instructional hours, depending on lesson format.
- The June statement will reflect the number of lessons scheduled for the Summer Session.
- Tuition payments can be made in June and July.
- “Three instructional hours” can be scheduled as private lessons: six 30-minute, four 45-minute, or three 60-minute private lessons.
- “Four instructional hours” can be scheduled as partner lessons: six 40-minute or four 60-minute partner lessons. [NOTE: This option is not available during the COVID Pandemic]
- Students may enroll for more than the minimum number of summer lessons.
Student Benefits from Summer Instruction
- Summer participation solidifies lesson time slot in the fall schedule.
- Summer participation keeps piano skills sharpened.
- Summer participation helps frustration prevention and wanting to quit piano when school resumes.
PRELUDE Students and Summer Session
- Continuing ShiningStar PRELUDE students enroll in a class option for summer study.
- Continuing LeapFrog PRELUDE Students enroll in private 20-minute lessons during summer session during the COVID Pandemic. Partner lessons are the ‘norm’ for Prelude LeapFrogs otherwise.
- New students interested in the Prelude Program can enroll in a Discovery Intro Class, offered on Fridays during the Summer Session.
Musicianship Piano Lab
The Musicianship Piano Lab is an additional component beyond the weekly lesson available to piano students during the MWC academic school year. The Musicianship Lab is offered InStudio as well as OnLine. Second grade students participate in an InHome OnLine introductory lab. Third graders and above can participate both InStudio and OnLine. The non-refundable fee is paid in advance during the summer of any given school year and is pro-rated for students entering the studio during the school year. Instrumental and adult students may elect to participate in the lab for a monthly fee.
Notify your instructor in the event of missed lessons.
Partner/Trio Lesson Policy: The absence of one student provides an automatic make-up slot for the other student(s). Parents need to report an absence to the teacher as well as the partner’s parents. Parents are responsible for tracking student absence; absences are recorded by the teacher for reference. Failure to notify the teacher of an absence forfeits the lesson.
Private Lesson Policy: There are no guaranteed private make-up lessons. When possible, instructors will reschedule a private lesson with a 24-hour notification if/when a slot becomes available in their schedule due to advance notification by another student. Instructors are available for make-up instruction only during their scheduled time at the studio. An instructor will offer a maximum of two potential lesson slots when/if they become available. If these slots do not work, the lesson is forfeited. Lessons will be rescheduled or credited in case of teacher absence. A teacher can provide a substitute instructor in the case of absence.
Music Works Community sells music to their own clientele, thus providing a service to the parent as well as quickly meeting students needs for materials. When music is distributed to your student, your account is charged for the music plus sales tax. Music is itemized on the monthly statement. If the item is lost, students will be issued a replacement copy for the same charge. Music is not distributed when/if the account is delinquent.
Termination by Student: In the event of lesson termination by the student, a 30-day notice is required out of courtesy to the instructor. Account will be charged and payment is due per the parameters of the Studio Policy.
Termination by Teacher. Lessons will be terminated by the teacher in the event of 1) irregular attendance, 2) repeated failure to prepare lesson, or 3) disruptive behavior. A 30-day probation period will be granted before a teacher will terminate a student. Lessons will be terminated by the studio without a 30-day advance notice for 1) repeated failure to pay tuition, or 2) destruction of studio property.
Student / Teacher Solicitation: MWC will not accept a student who is a current student in another studio. A student at MWC will not seek instruction outside of Music Works Community from an MWC instructor or a former MWC instructor.
Parental Support: Encourage consistent practice habits and uninterrupted time for practice. Please be on time for the lesson and make sure your student brings the correct materials. Students arriving late for their lessons will not be given extra lesson time.
Parking: Additional parking is available in the church parking lot across the street when/if the studio lot is full. MWC rents space from the church. Parking on the street can be ticketed. Street parking is not condoned by the neighborhood.
Student Drop-off/Pick-Up: Students need to be dropped off no sooner than five minutes before their scheduled lesson time. Students remain parent’s responsibility when droopped off until the student enters the facility. Students need to be promptly picked up at the end of their lesson time.
MWC requests an Emergency Contact Information form to be on file at all times. Parent is responsible for notifying MWC if this critical information changes.
Website Information and Newsletter
Quarterly newsletters are emailed around the 15th of the month.
For billing questions, email the studio at Office@MusicWorksCommunity.com.
For general information, email the studio at Director@MusicWorksCommunity.com.
Student Name and Photo Release
It is customary for student names and/or images to be used for internal or external communications such as newsletters, brochures, social media, video/photos and advertisement. Music Works Community, LLC has permission to take photographs/video of student(s) to be used in advertising, to be displayed on the company website, in company social networking sites (ex. FaceBook, Twitter) and any other promotional materials created by Music Works Community, LLC.