Tips and Tricks
for Building Confidence
4 -6 Students
Teaching Demo | Student Demo
Positive Praise | Constructive Comments
MasterClass Group Lessons
are instructional group meetings
– students of different levels
– critique of selected repertoire
– incorporation of student demo with a quarterly Practice Strategy
This instructional opportunity provides students with exposure to
more repertoire and opportunities to share their pieces with their piano friends.
Halloween ‘Back-to-School’ Practice Strategy
INTERLEAVING – MIX
“While repetition is vital, research says we will actually learn that skill more effectively
if we mix our practice of it with other skills. This is known as interleaving.”
“MIX” Up Assignments
– After practicing a scale a few times, play a piece,
then go back to the scale.
– Switching between tasks will help students to think more
critically and will encourage them to give more thought before playing.
– Or, practice a piece, do some homework…
and then play the same piece to test
reliability and accuracy.