Tips and Tricks
for Building Confidence
4 -6 Students
Teaching Demo | Student Demo
Positive Praise | Constructive Comments
MasterClass Group Lessons
are instructional group meetings
– students of different levels
– critique of selected repertoire
– incorporation of student demo with a quarterly Practice Strategy
This instructional opportunity provides students with exposure to
more repertoire and opportunities to share their pieces with their piano friends.
‘Words and Images’
“Connecting words and images – Dual Coding“
‘Dual Coding’ Practice Strategies
– Pay attention to visuals and link them to text by having students explain in their own words.
– Students create their own visuals of the concepts they are learning.
– Reinforces the concepts in the brain through two different pathways.
‘The word and image of an apple which has two syllables
One word explains the concept of two eight notes sharing one beat..